Saturday, October 18, 2014

Sk8niks


I recently found this 7" EP in the used bin at Celebrated Summer Records in Baltimore. I was a little skeptical at first since the name was so close to the Skatenigs, but when I saw these dudes were from Japan I figured it would be insanely fast thrash. And I was right. It looks like the ghouls on the cover have made a skateboard out of the band members... or not - it's hard to tell exactly what is going on. The drummer has a stick-figure skater tattoo on the side of his head, so if that is not a skateboard this record still qualifies on a technicality. The other side is a band called Traffix, which are a not-quite-so-fast-but-still-pretty-damn-fast punk band, also from Japan. No idea why they put a Nazi armband on the mummy. The record was self-released in 2001.

No comments:

Post a Comment