Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Latch Key Kids


Everything about this Latch Key Kids 7" reminds me of high school, from the oversized Planet Earth t-shirt and bad hair cut to the small wheels and noseslide marks. This EP came out in 1995 and sounds like they were heavily influenced by Epitaph and Fat Wreck Chords bands (a number of bands on both labels appear on the thank you list as well). This is probably something I would've liked at the time and been embarrassed about it now, but thankfully I had not heard this until just recently. As far as skate covers go this is pretty weak - not sure why they didn't just take a picture of this kid actually skating.

1 comment:

  1. Well that is actually my little brother on the cover of our 7".

    Obviously we we're influenced by all the fat and epitaph bands.

    I actually have toured and worked for alot of those bands over the year after being in LKK.

    I currently tour manager the Descendents.

    What band we're you in?

    Thanks for you review...

    ReplyDelete